Saturday, September 26, 2009

Violets are Blue by James Patterson


Violets are Blue by James Patterson is the seventh book in the Alex Cross series. I couldn't wait to read this novel because at the end of Roses are Red, Patterson reveals the identity of the murder nicknamed The Mastermind. I couldn't believe the Mastermind's identity, and I knew I would find out for sure in Violets are Blue whether or not I had interpreted the last chapter of Roses are Red correctly.

The way in which the Mastermind is caught takes backseat during the majority of Violets are Blue while Alex Cross and a new female detective based out of California try to figure out the identity of a "real vampire" who murders several people by draining the victims' blood after biting their necks. I was a little surprised in the villain of Violets are Blue who ended up being the Sire. I thought the whole thing would turn out a lot differently than it actually did.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed this book a lot because I felt like I already knew a lot about the Mastermind before even picking the book up. He made a nasty villain, much better than the vampires that take up the majority of Violets are Blue. It was a nice change from the usual serial killers, though.

I give this book 4 stars **** The pacing is fast, just like the other James Patterson novels I've reviewed thus far. I couldn't wait to find out what happened the entire time I listened to it in the car on my commute to work.

0 comments: